4.22.2009

80kidz Own My Block


I have to admit, it took me a good bit to warm up to these Japanese fellows. Sometimes I judge a troop way too much off just a name, discounting these guys a little much just based on the fact that they have "80" and that not so clever "z" at the end... Holy hell was I wrong. Their new album, "This Is My Shit" is equally full of great synths, melodies and banging sounds. Making it exactly what I love. Below are a couple of my favorite tracks and if you like them be sure to grab the whole thing. I hope they pick up a ticket it to LA really really soon. The album is kind of a cross between Shinichi Osawa and MSTRKRFT's best moments.

PS Their album art is second to none and they have a pretty rad shirt available on their myspace so be sure to check it out.

80kidz - Go Mynci
80kidz - She (Ft. Autokratz)
80kidz - TGV

No comments:

Post a Comment