3.23.2009

To Be A Teenager In 1992


Over the past year I, like many, have become rather obsessed with the care free sound of old school rave and just having fun instead of forcing myself to indulge in some ill conceived banger trying desperately to out do SebastiAn (not possible). One thing I've always struggled with is the fact that production techniques back in the day just can't compare to the tools available today. Thankfully such resources aren't going over looked.

Surkin's Next of Kin EP was kind of the eye opener for me and he just keeps on putting out great tracks and remixes to add to my growing fascination. In a similar vein is Tommie Sunshine and his remix of Sneaky Sound System.

The Juan MacLean - One Day (Surkin Remix) (Media Fire)

Sneaky Sound System - 16 (Tommie Sunshine's Class Of '89 Re-Rub) (Media Fire)

No comments:

Post a Comment